A WORLDWIDE LEADER IN SAFETY
It started in 1942, in the wake of a World War—American Signal Corporation (ASC) made a pledge to the world to provide first alert and early warning technologies, to ultimately save lives. Our air raid sirens and speaker arrays were the first step to creating a safer world and today, while our technologies have certainly evolved, our mission has stayed the same.
ASC has been an industry leader in mass notification since the beginning. Our air raid sirens paved the way for giant voice systems, which heralded digital alerts and today’s integrated systems. We’ve seen the evolving need for innovation in our industry and have been influencers in how these technologies have developed over time.
American Signal Corporation (ASC) is a leading designer and manufacturer of mass notification solutions for a wide variety of applications worldwide. Thanks to our innovative engineering, tailored approach to unique implementations and penchant for thoroughness and quality, our systems meet and exceed the demands of critical applications:
- Our systems are deployed throughout Thailand and other coastal and island nations as tsunami early warning systems.
- More than 70 percent of United States nuclear power plants are equipped with ASC emergency notification systems.
- Our solutions are currently installed in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and many other locations as a means for civil defense.
- Around the globe, ASC emergency notification systems are ready to alert millions of people to emergent and critical non-emergency information.
We are the standard for mass notification systems and we set the bar for safety, no matter the application.
ASC CORE VALUES
Core values are principles that guide an organization’s internal conduct as well as its relationship with the external world.
American Signal Corporation and its employees have adopted the following principles that we esteem as an organization, they are the philosophical foundation of our corporate ideology. These are the core values that we hold dear and use to make decisions and guide our individual behaviors.
- Be the absolute best at what we do today – American Signal Corporation faces the challenges presented by rapid growth. Throughout our evolution operational excellence is expected at all times. We must be the best today. Each employee plays an equally important role in establishing and preserving this core value. Be the absolute best you can be today.
- Be the innovators of tomorrow solutions – Innovator – a person who introduces new methods, ideas, or products. American Signal Corporation must not only provide the highest quality products and services for our markets, but we must continuously innovate. We need to out-think, out-engineer, and out-deliver our completion.
- Accept no defects, create no defects, and pass no defects – By accepting no defects we hold suppliers and upstream processes accountable and allow zero defects to enter our operation, by holding ourselves individually responsible for producing zero defects we prevent the introduction of defects, by self-assessing and through rigorous quality assurance we shall allow no defects to pass down stream and ultimately to our clients.
- Remember that everyday lives depend on our products – Our mass notification and early warning products save lives. As there is no value to place on human life, there is no limit to our expenditure on quality and reliability in our designs and manufacturing. We must produce as if our own lives depend on our own performance.
- Alert and Notification Siren Systems
- Radiological Monitoring
- Meteorological Monitoring
- ERO Notification
- Outdoor Notification
- Interior Notification
- Emergency Call Box
- Emergency Call Out
- Mass Email
- Desktop Notifications
- Fire Systems Integration
- Giant Voice
- System Integration
- Severe Weather
- Civil Defense
- Exterior Notification
- Interior Notification
- Desktop Notification
- Chemical and Radiation Detection
- Fire Alarm Integration
- Golf courses
- Lightning Alerts
- Mobile Sirens